Monday, November 24, 2008


COOKIE CUTTERS & FACEBOOK FRIENDS,
TEXAS STYLE

I was in San Antonio this weekend to present on a publishers panel at a teachers conference. The event forced me (willingly) to learn PowerPoint, which was fun to put together and even more delightful to put into practice, complete with remote control.

While in Texas, I found time to enjoy some of the local flavor and came home with two terrific new cookie cutters (above), Texas style. I also pondered
this literary challenge, which came to me via a colleague at home. I'm not particularly good at "what ifs," so I was pleased to attend a session at the conference devoted to ideas for using wikis, Facebook, text messaging, blogs, and the like in the classroom. One presenter wondered if Huck Finn and Holden Caulfield would be Facebook friends, and the challenge was solved. Click on the link above and see what combinations you come up with!

No comments: